High Holidays 5783 COVID Policy
In keeping with Tifereth Israel’s theme of this year’s High Holidays – “Hayom:Today”, we share with you our High Holiday Covid policies with the understanding that if a future day comes where a change is needed, we will communicate said change with you.
- As of today, our services will be held both in-person and live streamed via our YouTube channel with the same enhanced quality live streaming service we have used for the past two years.
- Our Family Services will also be in-person in the Lower Social Hall as well as live streamed. Our Boker Tov and Teen Discussions will only take place in-person.
- Those who attend in-person will be strongly encouraged to wear a mask, though it will not be a requirement for entry. We will maintain a section of the room as “mask only” and chairs will be set up in the social hall to give ample room for distancing when needed. Please remember that masking is not only about protecting yourself, but also about protecting others in our community who are more vulnerable.
- Our vaccination policy remains unchanged: only fully vaccinated people will be allowed into the building. We define “fully vaccinated” as having received the original dosage and boosters as approved by the FDA.
- Of course, we hope that you will join us in person, but understand completely the challenging choice of whether to be in the synagogue or to watch from home. If you find yourself not feeling well on any of the High Holidays, we kindly ask you to watch from home.
On behalf of the entire congregation, we thank you for your partnership in these efforts. May 5783 be a healthy new year.